Welcome to the latest Elemental Shaman guide with full data about changes in talents and spells. Who can play Shaman in BfA and be most successful? It’s said every race can play, the prohibitions are made only for Blood Elves, Human, Night Elves, Gnomes, Worgen and Undead. The best it suits to Draenei, Orcs, Trolls and Taurens’ racials.
Elemental Shaman BfA patch 8.1.5 changes
Our Elemental Shaman BfA 8.1.5 owns some new talents and has slight differences in the existing ones.
- hai substitutes Exposed Elements.
- hai substitutes High Voltage.
- hai causes 210% Nature Damage instead of 250% plus has got new graphics.
- hai now lasts for 24 sec instead 18 before and keeps the same damage per tick.
- hai together with Earthbind Totem works within 40 yards instead of 35.
- hai – our new Azerite Trait.
- hai increases its power up to 70,4% instead 58%.
- hai launches up to 25 Maelstrom plus provides Frost Shock for 200% ice damage instead of 100%. Frost Shock launches 8 Maelstrom now.
Elemental Shaman talents BfA is added with new ones at certain levels.
- hai substitutes Earthen Rage when at level 90.
- hai substitutes Master of the Elements when at level 30.
BfA Elemental Shaman benefits and shortcomings
To be helpful WoW Elemental Shaman guide must include information about his strong and weak sides. We consider his benefits to be like that:
- Perfect in single-target battles with his strong AoE damage.
- Flexible table of talents which vary from one encounter to another.
- Most of Elemental Shaman BfA talents are easy to apply and adjust to the scenario of battle.
- Shaman possesses nice Utility when fighting out of the Raid.
- Icefury talent allows moving fast with no restrictions while keeping in DPS.
Despite such benefits, Elemental Shaman WoW has got his shortcomings as well though they are not numerous at all.
- Weak mobility.
- Tools which keeps survivability depends on the talents mostly and can be used improperly.
Elemental Shaman talents, DPS spec and builds
WoW Elemental Shaman talents are numerous and thus pretty flexible. You can easily change talents due to the type of battle you are going to be involved in. What are those kinds of battles? In and out of battle, in different areas, by scenario with one or two targets. We’ve made Elemental Shaman talent build which is useful for every single occasion but it’s up to you to choose our table or bring some changes into it. While working at your Elemental Shaman leveling keep in mind this table.
|Tier 1||Level 15||hai and hai|
|Tier 2||Level 30||hai and hai|
|Tier 3||Level 45||hai increases speed for 5% plus stacks up to 4 times when Shaman transforms into hai|
|Tier 4||Level 60||hai and hai|
|Tier 5||Level 75||all three but hai should be overriding|
|Tier 6||Level 90||hai and hai|
|Tier 7||Level 100||hai triggers both hai and hai plus extra hai|
What about Elemental Shaman PvP talents?
They are 5 essentials which give Shaman biggest and fastest success in battles.
- hai to enhance Maelstrom till 50 which is max.
- hai has cooldown for 40 sec, gives extra critical strike + 40% to all spells the allies within 40 yards use against the enemy.
- hai gives 50% power to Healing Surges.
- hai allows deafening the enemy with Earth Shocks for 2 sec when Maelstrom is at 100+. Earthfury works perfectly with Elemental Attunement. It’s recommended not to use it separately.
- hai is incredible in battles with high damage pool as it reflects damage taken for 15 sec thus transform Shamans’ health into real damage for the enemy.
WoW Elemental Shaman stat priority
WoW Elemental Shaman stat priority includes 5 elements where Intellect is the main. Here is the explanation for those who do not understand all the details.
- Versatility increases damage given and decreases damage taken
- Critical Strike gives extra damage to spells
- Haste gives extra speed to spells together with damage of tick rate for every time effect
- hai provides spells for extra power and gives additional maelstrom
Stat priority Elemental Shaman may differ from one battle to another and correlation between stat priority and spells will be diverse as well. Here is an example. When using such strong spells like Earthen Rage (available in the very beginning) or Storm Elemental or Primal Elementalist you start with Intellect as the primary BfA Elemental Shaman stat priority, then Critical strike – 40%, after Haste – 30%, Versatility and Mastery 10% each.
When taking part in single-target battles where main talents are Echo of Elements, Icefury and Master of the Elements the order is different: Versatility gets 40%, Critical Strike 30%, Haste is okay with 20% and Mastery with 10%.
WoW Elemental Shaman is a single-target and multi-target warrior. Hence his rotation depends on the number of targets first.
For single-target Elemental Shaman DPS rotation looks like this:
When taking part in battles with 2 targets WoW BfA Elemental Shaman keeps the list from above added with a couple of other talents.
- hai that causes fire damage, 6 sec cooldown.
- hai is useful when Maelstrom is at least 60. Keep an eye on the target’s location as it should be in the area of its power.
WoW Elemental Shaman rotation for 3 targets and more allows being successful with casting only 5 talents.
Of all situations, best Elemental Shaman rotation relies on Surge of Power, Lava Burst and hai.
How to play elemental shaman?
Everyone who reads Elemental Shaman DPS guide must remember unlike other classes he uses a wide range of weapons to attack and his main source of spells is Maelstrom. Considering the diversity of BfA Elemental Shaman talents it’s easy to create your own gameplay. What you should bear in mind is general tips for rotation and stat priority. As usual, Shaman is a specialist in AoE but his power depends on the kind of battle.
Work about Elemental Shaman leveling talents in a proper order: as it’s recommended first, then based on your experience. Some talents are really simple and do not demand a long time to learn them before use.
Do your best to keep mobility and speed while DPS as it’s not the strongest side of Shaman. For that cast Lava Surges, Flame Shock and Earth Shock as soon as they are available for you. hai and hai are helpful for moving steadily. One more talent for movement is Frost Shock that does not require any Maelstrom now and shows even bigger power than before.
Elemental are your important and rather base abilities: Earth Elemental, Fire Elemental, Storm Elemental. They triggers lots of spells.