Welcome to our complete Marksman Hunter guide, useful for both who are still choosing the specialization and those who wish to improve his MM hunter character. Who can play MM Hunter DPS?
Marksmanship Hunter overview
Any race, even Gnomes and Trolls can be hunters. Though it’s sad that the best hunters come with Night Elves, Blood Elves or Orcs. The main weapon of hunter is gun, crossbow and bow. What makes him so special with DPS? The main offensive talents and abilities: hai, hai, hai, and hai. In order to make your hunter even better choose certain WoW professions:
Marksman Hunter DPS has high mobility whereas one of his strengths is attacking both single target and dealing AoE damage. If you take a look at the abilities, almost everyone in the list, you will see his main resource of power and spells is Focus.
Marksman hunter changes in patch 8.1.5
We’ve made this MM Hunter guide with changes in patch 8.1.5 Tides of Vengeance in order to show what kind of abilities are improved and added. Check the specialization changes.
- hai – now 248% damage.
- hai – now 60% Attack Power.
- hai – lasts for 4 sec instead 46.
- hai – 37,5% Attack Power + radius 10 yards.
- hai – 75% damage.
- hai – enhances time of Concussive shot till 3 sec.
- hai – 50% Normal damage to Rapid Fire and Aimed Shot.
- hai is a new ability that decreases cooldown time of Aimed Shot + Rapid fire for 60%, gives 50% speed to Aimed Shot casting. It takes 1 charge of Aimed Shot and demands 30% Haste.
MM Hunter Builds and Talents
WoW Marksman Hunter list of talents works perfectly for raiding mainly. However, it must be your priority whatever kind of battles you are going to participate. Each talent works fantastic for one significant purpose – to improve DPS as much as possible.
Marksman Hunter starts his talent building at level 15. Get them according to the Tier.
|Tier 1||Level 15||hai is the most helpful and easy of all times|
|Tier 2||Level 30||hai triggers extra damage to Aimed Shot|
|Tier 3||Level 45||hai provides hai with minimum cooldown time|
|Tier 4||Level 60||hai adds 5% to damage by marking the target|
|Tier 5||Level 75||hai, Bonding Shot, hai|
|Tier 6||Level 90||hai triggers extra time for Aimed Shot fire with a minimum cooldown|
|Tier 7||Level 100||hai provides for free Aimed Shot plus 5% to Auto-Shot|
Marksman Hunter WoW is known for his ability to fight with single and multiple enemies. According to the goal define the stat priority you will use in the fight. First, learn what each stats provides you for and why to put it before others.
- Agility launches Attack Power which makes it number one priority all the time.
- Mastery: Sniper Training enhances max shot range and add extra damage to all abilities.
- Haste enhances speed of auto-attack plus Focus regeneration. It also reduces Global cooldown to min 0,7 sec, the same reduction of Aimed Shot cooldown.
- Critical Strike provides all spells and abilities with critically hit option.
- Versatility enhances damage given plus improve health, decrease damage taken.
Single-target stat priority looks like this
- Mastery: Sniper Training
- Critical Strike
Multiple-target stat priority
- Mastery: Sniper Training
- Critical Strike
Marksmanship Azerite Traits
BfA Marksman Hunter traditionally has to choose out of three rings according to the value of each item in them. Let’s remind you that items of Outer ring are always most wanted as they give important abilities. Whenever you have a chance get them immediately.
Outer Ring Azerite Traits
- hai is a passive one with an option to increase Agility (number one stat priority) once your health level reaches 50%.
- hai is perfect for all difficulties including Mythic+ as it provides extra damage to all traits in single and multi-target battles.
- hai works amazingly as a talent of Level 100.
Middle Ring Azerite Traits
- hai provides for highest power of DPS. However, its power naturally depends on the amount of damage you take.
- hai is in need for single-target encounters + Gutripper for multi-target.
- hai works with AoE damage when it stacks at least 3 times in a row. Perfect for Mythic+, other difficulties – no need at all.
Inner ring Azerite Traits
- hai create absorb shield from Feign Death plus reduces its cooldown for 25 sec.
- hai gives additional ability to Aspect of the Turtle by healing you.
- hai is made to empower DPS as much as possible in terms of this ring.
- hai is a defensive trait – an absorb shield that is launched every 30 sec.
Marksman Hunter Best in Slot
At this stage of the game MM Hunter finally has got a diverse range of gear that it’s becoming harder and harder to advise the best ones as they all depend on the gameplay and the closest goal you set for the character.
Dungeons are always known as important but not simple scenarios. Based on this we’ve prepared special Marksman Hunter best in slot table for dungeons and items (slots) you will find there: Weapon, Belts, Shoulders, Gloves, Finger, Boots, Trinkets, Cloak, Bracers, and Legs.
Take part in the raids and get different slots as bonuses from every single boss there. They are of all kinds: Helm, Wrists, Gloves, Weapon, all three rings and others. Choose items you need from the list below.
Trinkets you get are of single-target and cleave Trinkets, each list includes impressive 13 items.