Skills define your path in the game. When you start playing the Division 2 skills list includes 8 items but only 2 of them are available in the beginning. Step by step you will gain them all. Start with a mission in White House and after a battle get new rewards amongst which you will get active or passive skills.
Coop Dennison, an intendant, will open a menu with Division 2 skills and mods. We highly recommend to start with active ones and it will be great if they are a drone of fixer mode as it repairs the armor of yours during the encounter and turret of basic modification.
The Division 2 Skills overview
Below we will introduce Division 2 all skills to you in details. Meanwhile, learn one thing:
You have a map with spots on it. The spots are missions of different types and difficulties. Some zones of the city are open and they are populated. In these zones, you will find lots of projects after completing which you will get rewards. Moving toward you can upgrade your skills, get new items and improve your level up to 30.
Level 30 is available in the end-game. But if you think, due to the name, it’s really the point where you reach the top you are wrong. Here Tom Clancys the Division skills will be extended in a new way – by qualification added. And this is a new story. But before you get 30 level for your hero you need to work hard by using these basic skills. Ready? Choose the best for you!
Chem Launcher traditionally heads the Division 2 skills due to the effect it gives.
Division 2 Chem Launcher works with different kinds of chemical materials which have a certain impact and radius of effect each. Choose one of 4 mods:
- Firestarter is a canister with easily-flammable gas. The effect of explosion can be reached by anything which makes it especially dangerous for the enemies. When the cloud of gas is spread above the enemies they fire it in a moment as gas is absolutely invisible. You can use for big areas on a crowd thanks to its chain effect.
- Riot Foam has a unique structure as it hardens immediately after spreading above the enemies. The foam makes the target stay at the place for some time and give you advantage in time. But the enemy will not have problems with breaking the foam.
- Oxidizer is a canister full of corrosive materials that destroy armor plus all kinds of mechanical things that enemy owns.
- Reinforcer works in different way as it repair your armor being dispersed in a cloud over you and your friends.
We’ve mentioned Drone (Fixer mode) as one of the first from Division 2 skills list.
Drones help you and annoy your enemies by hovering around. It has 5 mods.
- Striker is made for attacks by inflicting damage with help of in-built turret.
- Fixer repairs armor of yours if stay by your side or repair the armor of friend by sending it to him.
- Defender has an ability to protect the owner from directed emitter by making an invisible barrier around you.
- Bombardier can be sent to a big area with enemies and drops the canisters with explosive materials.
- Tactician helps to find the enemies as it flies to the area with targets and highlight them helping you to destroy the enemy.
These micro-drones have defensive and offensive abilities and useful for both playstyles.
- Stinger demolishes the target by hitting the weak points.
- Restorer helps to repair armor: after defining the friendly target that needs help the micro-drones go there.
- Booster micro-drones bring special stimulates in order to boost the weakened capability, movement or weapon.
- Reviver gives health back to your friends. The longer you hold the button the more health these micro-drones will restore.
This skill was already introduced in the game before but now it’s back with improved options. To launch Seeker Mine simply drop it or throw. There are 4 mods of it.
- Explosive is a classic type of mine: direct it straight to the target and detonate. The enemy has time to run away, however.
- Airburst mines detonate right above the enemies’ heads once getting close enough to them. No chance to avoid it.
- Cluster is a package of small mines. Each mine goes straight to the target.
- Mender is another way to repair the armor, just like the Reinforcer mode of Chem Launcher does.
These skills are also well-known by the players. Turrets work with short-press or long-press button depending on the radius you want it to spread. Now you will understand why it was recommended to get Turret as one of your first skills there in White House in Washington D.C.
- Assault has an offensive mod, alike with Striker mode of Drone. Being in a battle the turret attacks the closest enemies. It has 360 degree rotational abilities.
- Incinerator gives area-of-effect damage by firing a fuel to the cone. You can switch it on and off when it’s active.
- Sniper is a semi-automatic turret that works for long distance. The Sniper attacks an enemy you point but once you are a little late with pointing the target Sniper can make the correction.
- Artillery is available for Demolitionist specialization. You need to choose a spot and press button, then turret will be set off as an arc hitting all the enemies upon the cover.