Here are a full WoW best hunter pets guide with answers to all questions you make have while playing in the new expansion. Just bear in mind simple advice we’ve got from the experienced players. Depending on the pet you are looking for, your personage will face different levels of difficulty.
Some pets, and there are more than 100 BfA new pets in the game, are hard to find, others – to tame. The huge range of spirits allows your personage choosing the ones you want to have in your collection immediately or it’s not that urgent. For example, spirit crab belongs to those WoW hunter pets which are not easy to find as it’s hidden on the tiny spot on the map somewhere in the deep blue sea.
Once you found it on the Abandoned Reef it’s just about one second to tame it. There are such spirits like the fox which is both easy to find in the bushes around the graveyard and easy to tame. Another thing is gryphon which is in the gryphon nest and looks not difficult at all to get it. But it’s an illusion since you will go through troubles and will spend much time to tame this beast.
Battle for Azeroth WoW Hunter Pets overview
What you should know about WoW hunter pets BFA is that you can’t choose any kinds of pets as each of them belongs to a family and has its specialization. That is why today we pay attention to the particular pets and their families – the ones which are available and useful for the hunters. There are three specializations for WoW hunter pets – Cunning, Ferocity and Tenacity. They all have different abilities and level of power but the same level of DPS. Apart from the special ability for every pet each family also has its unique talents. All pets have a higher or lower level of hai, Dodge Chance, hai, the speed of moving etc.
BfA Changes to Hunter Pets
- All pet families have an established specialty that can’t be changed. Every family that is pet will probably be Ferocity, Tenacity or Cunning.
- Each 3 specializations will deal with the exact same damage and have exactly the exact same quantity of health and armor.
- All specs include having Growl and Dash, and their proper basic assault attack (Claw, Bite, or Smack).
- When you enter a dungeon, Growl’s auto-cast is turned off to prevent pulling aggro from the tank (it is possible to turn it back on in the event that you need ). It has flipped back automatically if you leave the dungeon.
- Avoidance has been altered to also lower the range where opponents will aggro your furry friend by 6 yards. This should help with your pet pulling on mobs once you attempt to sneak by them.
- Every family will have a minumum of one unique skill. There are 6 ability categories that each specialty has a minumum of one pet choice to every one of those skills dispersed among the households that are furry. For instance, Bats possess Sonic Blast and Spirit Beasts possess Spirit Shock. Both do the identical thing. All Exotic families have at least 2 passives.
- Beast Mastery Hunters: if you would like a second pet – as with Hati from Titanstrike in Legion – you will be delighted to know there’s a talent named Animal Companion that provides you a second pet choice.
BfA Hunter Pet Specializations
Tenacity pets BfA are made especially to help you in the most dangerous places of Battle for Azeroth which are dungeons or raids as they are great in battles with hard mechanics. Check their ability at Endurance Training and Survival of the Fittest.
New Pet Families in Battle for Azeroth 8.1
You will find a huge list of specialization of the BfA best hunter pets and their families plus information about their abilities. To make the long table short, all hunter pets have a talent to reduce damage for 50 and 60% with a cooldown. Dodge chance for 30%, reduction of movement speed, removing Enrage and Magic debuff, and Mortal wounds debuff.
Special Ability: Blood Bolt
The Blood Beast family includes Crawgs and Blood Ticks that are mostly found in the Nazmir zone. They are a special family that requires you to obtain a Blood-Soaked Tome of Dark Whispers to learn how to tame them. This tome drops from Zul, Reborn in the Uldir raid (on Normal difficulty or higher). Their special ability Blood Bolt is a snare with a 10 yard range (this is a little different from all other pet snares which are melee range).
Pterrordaxes is a fresh Exotic pet family. It can be found in Classic, Mists of Pandaria, and Battle for Azeroth zones.
Along with their harm reduction cooldown, they possess a capacity that is slowfall.
New creature item was added in BfA and they have been given their own Exotic family. Their special exotic ability provides them super physical damage reduction.
Examples of tameable Krolusks
Special Ability: Swarm of Flies
Requested toads are finally added. This includes the MoP style toads you will remember from the Timeless Isle and elsewhere on Pandaria and Draenor, and the new style of toad seen here. Their special ability gives them an extra dodge chance.
Hunter Pets Family List
|Carrion Bird||Bloody Screech|
Note: Rylaks have been merged into this family
|Clefthoof Exotic||Thick Hide
Blood of the Rhino
|Core Hound Exotic||Obsidian Skin
|Devilsaur Exotic||Monstrous Bite
|Nether Ray||Nether Shock|
|Wind Serpent||Winged Agility|
|Blood Beast||Blood Bolt|
|Spirit Beast||Spirit Mend
|Toad||Swarm of Flies|
Top best pets for Mythic+ Dungeons
If you are playing in Mythic+ mode you will find useful this short hunter pet guide made exactly for playing in dungeons.
Spirit Beast belongs to the Tenacity specialization. They are best WoW hunter pets to enter the dungeon. Spirit Beast has all the Tenacity pets abilities and some extra like Spirit Shock that removes 1 Magic and 1 Enrage effect. Spirit Mend for healing and cooldown.
Crane also belongs to Tenacity. It’s a master of Chi-Ji’s Tranquility that soothes the enemy, plus all the spec abilities.
Silithid is of Cunning spec. It’s extremely useful in raids and dungeons thanks to its ability to give extra damage, speed up the movement, in addition, to give max time in the battle with bosses.