Battle for Azeroth represents several classes of Priests. You will find Holy Priest who believes that the Power of Light must be used only to heal the injured heroes and their allies. All Holy Priests use the Power of Light, Discipline Priests do not rely on it that much as long as Shadow Priests.
Holy Priests heal heroes in individual and group way plus bring to life from the grave. Discipline Priests not only heal injuries but also defend the allies with help of their shield and a strong belief in Light. Shadow Priests know everything about Shadow magic that they use to destroy enemies. But it does not matter what class the Priest belong when it’s about the most important persuasion – belief in the source of their spiritual power. Depending on the source, all Priests are divided into classes, thus, have talents and abilities. Today we are going to give you an essential Discipline Priest guide with his most effective talents to help you in BFA.
Patch 8.0.1 Changes for Discipline Priests
Being one of the most wanted Priests in WoW Disc priest is always in our field of view. And it’s time to master the new talents it has got in BfA plus the ways to level it up. We have great news for all those who can’t imagine playing Warcraft without using addons – this is full discipline priest guide with the whole package of available information released by Blizzard.
Baseline Discipline Priest Spells
We will get to how these spells function from a priority perspective in the Disc Priest rotation later on.
Power Word: Radiance – An expensive, fast way to apply Atonement to 5 targets at a time. Often utilized to prepare for large burst damage on the group.
Power Word: Shield – A slight absorb with no cooldown, the efficient way to apply Atonement.
Shadow Mend – A quick, moderate healing spell that will leave a DoT on the target for half of the amount healed until the target takes that damage from any source. So if you heal a tank in a raid or dungeon with Shadow Mendit is quite a likely Shadow Mend will not damage the target at all because they are taking damage from other sources fulfilling the requirement.
Rapture – While this spell on its own does not individually heal any target, it does significantly increase the strength of Power Word: Shield for the next 8 seconds allowing you to apply Atonement while also putting up significant absorbs before damage hits.
Damage Dealing Spells
Penance – Damage or healing channeled damage spell that fires three bolts of Light at the enemy or ally respectively
Shadow Word: Pain – A Shadow spell that deals Damage over Time to a target for 18 seconds.
Smite – An efficient, moderate damage spell that has its effect split between damaging the target, and absorbing part of the damage that comes from the target. It nets out to be a minimal relative amount, but it is interesting to note that it is the most efficient absorb currently in the game.
Discipline Priest Healing Stat Priority
Welcome to the Discipline Priest Stat Priority. In case these words meant nothing to you we advise to change your mind as this information make an influence on the items you get in the combats – they gears, gems and enchants. Each of us has a different stat priority as it’s based on the gear we use. Experienced players choose using an as high level of available gear as possible because this is the key to increase the value of intellect. Let’s remind you that Intellect is the most important stat that Discipline Priest has. Definitely not the only one but it’s on the top of the rate. If you play for this class always bear in mind this short table of 5 levels of stat.
✏ Intellect is a source of Spell Power which is in its turn increases your healing power.
✏ Haste increases Mindbender attacks, reduces the cooldown of Power Word: Solace (Holy Damage, deal heavy power to the enemy and restore 1% of max mana), also decrease the time of your spells casting and global cooldown. Haste increases the number of ticks for the spells – Shadow Word: Pain and Purge the Wicked
✏ Critical Strike is a way to double the power of damage and healing.
✏ Mastery which is using of Mastery: Grace spell increases the healing ability.
✏ Versatility has an impressive power to reduce all the damage taken and increase the level of healing and damage that you gave.
The list of basic talents that BfA Discipline Priest is numerous so we will do our best to introduce you the most helpful ones depending on the number of talents that priest has. There are talents which can be useful in certain situations only and such talents we can rely on in most situations during the battle. So, we suggest paying attention exactly at these last ones – most useful for every WoW Discipline Priest.
When you are of level 15 talents use Schism as it works perfectly during the buff is active: Schism heals players and deal Shadow Damage to the enemies. It works perfectly in cooperation with Power Word: Solace on the level 45.
- Level 30 talents allow your priest gets the whole benefits of Angelic Feather that increases the speed of movement on the area of the combat.
- Level 45 talents Power Word: Solace is most effective of all discipline priest talents because it combines an ability to deal damage and restore mana.
- Level 60 talents allow us using 3 more talents which are Psychic Voice, Dominant Mind and Shining Force. These 2 last ones on the list are especially helpful in Mythic+ mode.
- Playing at Level 75 Talents keep in mind Sins of the Many that deal damage and also heal through the Atonement. The bigger Atonement count is the smaller Damage percent will be.
- At Level 90 Talents you will not find really useful talents. However, feel free to practice with Purge the Wicked when you just start playing in WoW. Another one is Halo that creates a circle of Holy Light: within it, the players get healing and the enemies are dealt with damage.
- Playing at Level 100 Talents you get a wider range of useful, so-called multi-task, spells. Check Lenience which is helpful in dungeons and raids especially though in single-battle you can get its benefits as well. Lenience gives passive damage reduction while Atonement is active. Evangelism: use in raids as it has a vast active power to extend all the Atonements which are active for 6 seconds.
List of Priest talents
If you wish to know everything about Disc Priest talents using in raids and dungeons, then simply check this table and analyze it trying to adopt every talent to the current situations.
Talents in raids, most helpful:
- Sins of the Many
- Schism, Angelic Feather
- Power Word: Solace
- Twist of Fate for players with the low level of health
Talents for the dungeons:
- Angelic Feather
- Power Word: Solace
- Sins of Many
- Twist of Fate
- Divine Star
If you are used to see Discipline Priest as the healer only then it’s time to realize his table of talents and abilities is pretty much extended. So, it’s better to master all those new spells and learn the new playstyle. Learning all these talents below will allow using smart Discipline Priest rotation depending on the situation.
General Priority Healing includes 10 talents to rotate in the battle including Discipline priest pvp. Not all of them must be used in the same encounter, the order is always variable.
- Power Word: Shield
- Shadow Word: Pain and Purge the Wicked
- Power Word: Solace
- Power Word: Radiance
- Shadowfiend and Evangelism after it
- Power Word: Radiance and then Evangelism
- Shadow Mend
The Damage Rotation is also in charge of the Discipline Priest. Check this.
- Shadowfiend during cooldown and Mindbender
- Shadow Word: Pain
- Power Word: Solace
- Divine Star
- Holy Nova
The level depends on the gear you have. That’s why you must choose the highest loot in a row. But keep in mind that if you get Necklace or Ring which have a lower value than 2 of them are counted as 1 of the higher level.
Gather the following talents to level up your Discipline Priest:
- Castigation – level 15
- Body and Soul – level 30
- Power Word: Solace – level 45
- Psychic Voice – level 60
- Sins of the Many – level 75
- Divine Star – level 90
- Lenience – level 100
Check a special rotation of the talents in order to speed up the leveling of the Priest: you will learn a new spell or talent on every level. Use it as often as possible to master properly. For instance, at level 10 you will get Penance which is useful for cooldowns right after Shadow Word: Pain. At this level do not ignore Smite that works as a filter for you.
When you’ve learned Addons once you will not stop using them. Find the best Priest Addons in order to make all your main goals come true: from learning all the necessary spells and rotate them in a great way and up to leveling up the Priest. Also, you can check BfA addons guide. The ocean of Addons can be narrowed till several ones, especially amazing for Discipline Priest.
- Elvui, Bartender and 4WeakAuras 2 for UI
- Grid 2, Clique or VuhDo for Raid Frames
- Weak Auras and tell me When for tracking
- Tidy Plates or Kul Nameplates
- Bigwigs and Deadly Boss Mods useful for battles with bosses